Looking to get ahead on your dissertation writing? The ABD to PhD Writing Workshop series is a great option for learning how to optimize your time and write a clear and compelling dissertation.
FROM ABD TO PhD Fall 2017 WRITING WORKSHOP SERIES
Purpose: Provide writing support for ABD (all but dissertated) students, discuss shared concerns about the dissertation process, and introduce strategies to facilitate writing. All participants should come prepared to write and work collaboratively with peers from diverse disciplines. Coffee, tea, water, and light snacks will be provided, as will pens and ruled notepads. Students can attend in person or online.
Thursday, September 14th (4:30pm-6:30pm), Science-Engr Library, Rm. 311
- Topic: Literature Review 1.0: Dissertation Edition
- Register at the following link: http://tinyurl.com/ABDLitRev1Reg
- Description: In this graduate writing workshop for ABD students, we will explore ways to organize and connect secondary sources effectively in your dissertation literature review.
Thursday, October 12th (4:30pm-6:30pm), Science-Engr Library, Rm. 311
- Topic: Revision and Grammar Special Topic: Avoiding Wordiness to Improve Understanding
- Register at the following link: http://tinyurl.com/ABDWordinessReg
- Description: In this graduate writing workshop for ABD students, we will explore ways to identify and fix common causes of sentence-level wordiness. Please bring a short sample of your writing (either hardcopy or on a laptop) with you to this workshop.
Thursday, November 30th (4:30pm-6:30pm), Science-Engr Library, Rm. 311
- Topic: Maintaining Momentum: Writing over Holidays and Breaks
- Register at the following link: http://tinyurl.com/ABDMomentumReg
- Description: In this graduate writing workshop for ABD students, we will focus on brainstorming and revision strategies to keep you writing, as well as goal-setting and scheduling techniques to keep you on track. You will learn about ways to generate and develop your ideas, work collaboratively with other writers, and set up a writing schedule that maintains your momentum.
Writing Skills Improvement Program
Think Tank Writing Specialist
Graduate Professional Student Council