The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) are accepting applications for the 2018 Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP). The program is a great opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and explore the implications of one's research from an interdisciplinary perspective.
According to the YSSP website, "the YSSP provides a unique opportunity to:
- advance your research under the direct supervision of an experienced IIASA scientist
- broaden your research interests by working in the IIASA interdisciplinary and international research environment;
- build contacts with IIASA’s worldwide network and collaborate with the institute during your future career
- produce a paper which will be the first step towards a publishable journal article"
Students whose interests correspond with IIASA's research on global environmental, economic, and social change are encouraged to apply. The main program areas and flagship projects are listed below.
IIASA PROGRAM AREAS
- Air Quality and Greenhouse Gases
- Advanced Systems Analysis
- Ecosystem Services and Management
- Evolution and Ecology
- Risk and Resilience
- Transitions to New Technologies
- World Population
IIASA FLAGSHIP PROJECTS
- Arctic Futures Initiative
- Tropical Futures Initiative
- Water Futures and Solutions Initiative
- Challenges and Opportunities of Economic Integration within European and Eurasian Space