The Graduate Center, Postdoctoral Affairs, and UA Research, Discovery, and Innovation are hosting the Spring 2019 Career Forward Series. The topic is on ‘Writing and Reviewing Resumes for Careers Outside of Academia’ and will focus on the needs of graduate students and postdoctoral scholars.
The sessions are FREE to attend, but space is limited. Please read for more details on each session.
Series Schedule and Session Information
Presentation: Writing Resumes
- February 13, 2019
- 12 PM to 1 PM
- ENR2, Room S107, 1064 E Lowell Street, Tucson, AZ
- In-person and online – RSVP at https://uarizona.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eb7yPalbftZYB2B
- Overview: A presentation by Jim Jindrick of UA Research, Discovery, and Innovation on how individuals with advanced degrees and training can approach creating a resume for careers outside of academia.
Workshop: Resume Review with Industry Representatives
- February 25, 2019
- ENR2, Room S225, 1064 E Lowell Street, Tucson, AZ
- In-person only – RSVP at https://uarizona.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0Sw1r91o1uWeXtz
- Priority registration given to February 13 attendees. Open registration begins at 12 PM February 14.
- Overview: A panel of industry representatives will share their insights on reviewing resumes of individuals with advanced degrees and training.
Who should attend?
- Graduate students
- Postdoctoral scholars
- Faculty and staff who work with or mentor graduate students and postdoctoral scholars
Attendees will gain
- Tools for creating effective resumes
- Panelists’ input and feedback on resumes
- Ways to tailor your resumes and experiences for positions outside of academia
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org