The Graduate Center and the local chapter of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) are hosting job and salary negotiation workshops in September and October. Read on for more information.
Are you graduating soon? Want to maximize your starting salary?
Invest in your future, attend informative Start Smart sessions:
Understand the Gender Pay Gap and Establish Your Salary Goals
Friday, September 27, 2019
ENR2, Room S215, University of Arizona & Online via Zoom
Noon to 1:30 PM
This session will focus on preparing you in the following areas:
- Understanding how the gender pay gap may affect your earning potential.
- Seeing the importance of negotiating a strong starting salary.
- How to use public job and employment data to compare and evaluate salaries.
- Explore using benchmarking practices to negotiate for appropriate salary.
Make the Most of Your Interview and Negotiate Effectively
Friday, October 4, 2019
ENR2, Room S215, University of Arizona & via Zoom
Noon to 1:30 PM
This session will focus on negotiation practices and strategies to get the best salary:
- Learn how interviews can set the stage for determining a starting salary.
- Explore how to leverage employee benefits to supplement your salary.
- Learn how to side-step inappropriate interview questions professionally.
- Find out how to conclude an interview to maximize your earning potential.
- Practice strategies in interviewing scenario role plays.
- Local successful businesswomen will provide “real” world advice.
Accomplished business and academic professionals will lead sessions.
Register for one or both: September 27: https://tinyurl.com/y2v7743f
October 4: https://tinyurl.com/y3emwn43
If you cannot attend these times,send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified about upcoming sessions.
Time spent gaining negotiation skills will pay dividends for a lifetime!
For further information or questions, email email@example.com