The Graduate Center is pleased to announce the Fall 2020 “Preparing for Faculty Job Applications Series” will begin September 1, 2020. This 6-week, fully online, participatory workshop series addresses career pathways within academia and higher education, strategies for creating materials for faculty positions, and preparing for the academic interview and job talk. The series will conclude with an application materials review session in which attendees receive feedback on materials drafted throughout the series.
The series is free to attend and will take place on Zoom. A list of the workshop topics and dates is provided below. Full descriptions for each session and the registration link can be found online at: https://oia.arizona.edu/content/1029. Materials from the series will be available online after the series concludes.
- Sept. 1: Paving Pathways Beyond PhD: Academia and Higher Education, 12 PM to 1:30 PM Mountain Standard Time/Arizona Time
- Sept. 8: Writing Diversity Statements, 12 PM to 1:15 PM Arizona Time
- Sept. 15: Developing your Teaching and Research Statements, 12 PM to 1:15 PM Arizona Time
- Sept. 22: Creating ePortfolios and an Online Presence, 12 PM to 1:15 PM Arizona Time
- Sept. 29: Preparing for the Academic Job Interview, 12 PM to 1 PM Arizona Time
- Oct. 13: Faculty Job Application Materials Review Session, 12 PM to 2 PM Arizona Time
The series is co-sponsored by the Office of Instruction and Assessment (OIA), the Graduate and Professional Student Council, the Graduate Center, Postdoctoral Affairs, and Think Tank. We look forward to supporting your students and postdoctoral scholars.
Please send questions to email@example.com.