The Fall Application Development Program supports students applying for the Hertz Fellowship, the Ford Predoctoral Fellowship, and the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, opportunities for undergraduate seniors, first-year graduate students, and second-year graduate students. If you are applying for another fellowship, we recommend that you get assistance from our Graduate Writing Tutors.
The purpose of the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) is to help ensure the vitality and diversity of the scientific and engineering workforce in the United States. The program is an excellent source of funding for graduate students – providing awardees with $37,000 annually for three years, as well as additional benefits. NSF Fellows at the University of Arizona receive full tuition, mandatory fees, student health insurance for the Fellow, and a $500 travel grant during tenured years. For more information, please review the NSF GRFP website.
If you have reviewed your eligiblity and plan to apply for the Hertz, Ford, or NSF GRFP, please register for our Fall Application Development Program.
UA Fall Application Development Program
Registrants will receive:
- Email updates with advice and links
- Access to examples of successful applications
- Feedback from Graduate Consultants on application essays (provided they are submitted by the early internal deadline of September 2 and/or Oct 3). Instructions for submitting are here
- Invitations to information sessions and discussions.
- The Fall Application Development Program Introductory Session will be on on Zoom Wednesday, Sept 7 from 12:00 - 1:00 PM.
We look forward to working with you. Please register for the program or email us with questions!