The purpose of the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) is to help ensure the vitality and diversity of the scientific and engineering workforce in the United States. The program is an excellent source of funding for graduate students – providing awardees with $34,000 annually for three years, as well as additional benefits. NSF Fellows at the University of Arizona receive full tuition, mandatory fees, student health insurance for the Fellow, and a $500 travel grant during tenured years. For more information, please review the NSF GRFP website.
If you have reviewed your eligiblity and plan to apply for the NSF GRFP, please register for our NSF GRFP Application Development Program.
UA NSF GRFP Application Development Program
Registrants will receive:
- Email updates with advice and links
- Access to examples of successful applications
- Feedback from Graduate Consultants on application essays (provided they are submitted by the early internal deadline of September 3 and/or Oct 1). Instructions for submitting are here
- Invitations to information sessions and discussions.
- NSF GRFP Application Development Program kick-off events are on Zoom Tuesday, August 31 from 3:00 - 4:00 and Wednesday, Sept 9 from 12:00 - 1:00. Please sign up for one session (they are the same event twice) after you register for the program.