You may already know Grad Slam as an annual competition and fantastic opportunity to share your work with a diverse audience; however, there is an exciting opportunity specifically tailored for graduate students of music, dance, poetry and more: the Grad Slam Performing and Creative Arts Competition.
The goal of this event is to showcase the exciting and important creative endeavors of graduate students, and the top performances as selected by the judges will perform at the Grad Slam Final on April 2nd, 2019.
When and Where
The Performing and Creative Arts Competition will be held on March 30, 2019 from 11 AM to 1 PM at Fred Fox School of Music in Room 170 (1017 N Olive Rd, Tucson, AZ 85719)
- Register online to audition by March 27, 2019, 11:59 PM at http://bit.ly/ua-gradslam-pcac
- Audition for the judges on March 30, 2019, between 11 AM and 1 PM in the Fred Fox School of Music Room 170
- Judges announce their decision by 5 PM on March 30, 2019
- Selected students will perform on April 2, 2019, between 5 and 8 PM during the Grad Slam presentation competition's final round
Selections of performers will be determined by a multidisciplinary panel of judges.
Awards and Recognition
Those selected will receive a certificate and a $100 cash prize in addition to the opportunity to perform their work on April 2nd.
Graduate students pursuing degrees in creative, performing, and fine arts fields strongly encouraged; however, graduate students pursuing other degrees may audition too.
- Must be 3 minutes long
- All types of performances are permitted, including, but not limited to:
- Spoken Word
- Individual or small ensemble performances are allowed. This includes performance of choreography or musical compositions created by a graduate student.
- Excerpts of a larger piece are appropriate.
- Performances that include props or other items must be able to be moved easily and quickly.
- Live painting is not allowed as per the policy of the performance venue.
For more information, please contact Elisabeth Blin at email@example.com.