Welcome to the Grad Slam Videos page! Here you will find videos related to Grad Slam events. From press releases to presentations, you will find it here.
GRAD SLAM 2019
GRAD SLAM 2018
GRAD SLAM 2017
GRAD SLAM 2016
GRAD SLAM 2015
Grad Slam 2019
Finalist videos are in the presentation order used on April 2, 2019.
- Jennifer Duchschere, Psychology
- John Alexander Erwin, Genetics Graduate Interdisciplinary Program and James E. Rogers College of Law
- Jonathan Credo, Clinical Translational Sciences
- Diana Githu, School of Natural Resources and the Environment
- Lauren Meeks, Nutritional Sciences
- Sonia Delphin Pérez, School of Natural Resources and the Environment
2nd Place Award Winner
1st Place Award Winner and Best Environment and Social Justice Presentation Award Winner
3rd Place Award Winner
Performances are in listed in alphabetical order by last name with their program and the title of their performance. The students listed won the first Grad Slam Performing and Creative Arts Competition on March 30, 2019. In addition to winning a cash prize, they are awarded the opportunity to perform as part of the Grad Slam 2019 final round. The performances below are from the Grad Slam final round.
- Victoria Arredondo, Special Education, Performance of Interspace
- Antonio Coronado, Communication, Performance of Lost in Transit
- Francis Larson, Second Language Acquisition and Teaching Graduate Interdisciplinary Program, Performance of Masculinity in C#, 1st Movement - "Love"
- Jacob Ransom, Percussion Performance, Performance of Last Night on Mars
Grad Slam 2018
Finalist videos are in the presentation order used on April 3, 2018. The grand prize winners went on to represent the University of Arizona at the Southwest Showdown 3-Minute Grad Slam to compete with presenters from Northern Arizona University , University of Nevada, Reno, and University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Mithun Paul, Dept. of Computer Science, College of Science
- Lusine Gomtsian, Dept. Medical Pharmacology, College of Medicine - Tucson
- Valerie Madera-Garcia, Dept. of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health
- Yiyi Huang, Dept. of Hydrology and Atmospheric Sciences, College of Science
- Quentin Raffaelli, Dept. of Psychology, College of Science
- Travis Sawyer, College of Optical Sciences
1st Place Award Winner
3rd Place Award Winner and Best Environmental Presentation Award Winner
2nd Place Award Winner and People's Choice Award Winner
Grad Slam 2017
The top four presenters went on to represent the UA at the 2017 Arizona 3-Minute Grad Slam. The top presenter also represents the UA at the Western Association of Graduate Schools 3MT competition in Spring 2018.
- Lourena Arone, Plant Pathology, Impacts of farming practices on the fates of aflatoxin in the environment
- Sara Khosravi, Systems and Industrial Engineering, SmartWalk Assistant for Disabled Pedestrians
- Samantha Reznik, Clinical Psychology, Developing a new intervention for treatment-resistant depression
- Joan Palmiter Bajorek, Second Language Acquisition and Teaching GIDP, Pronunciation Technology: Clear Speech and Empowerment
- Tim Frost, Biomedical Engineering GIDP, Accelerating drug discovery with microfluidic models
- Lora Key, History, Mexican Americans in the World War II Era
People's Choice, Honorable Mention, and Best Environmental Presentation Award Winner
Second Place Finalist
First Place Finalist
Third Place Finalist
Grad Slam 2016
Link to related UA News Article by La Monica Everett-Haynes "Connected-Vehicles Visionary Wins Grad Slam"
The videos are presented in order of presentation on the day of the event. The top three presenters and the Honorable Mention qualified to represent the UA at the statewide Arizona 3-Minute Grad Slam on April 16, 2016, in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Adam Watson, Cancer Biology GIDP, Bad to the bone: how tumor stiffness corrupts breast cancer cells
- Andisheh Ranjbari, Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, Flexpress: A New Intercity Public Transit Service (3rd Place Winner)
- Scott Daniel, Molecular and Cellular Biology, What can poo do for you? (Honorable Mention Winner)
- Joshua Scholl, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Are plants of the Southwest hedging their bets for survival?
- Alejandro Martinez Chibly, Cancer Biology GIDP, Saving lives one salivary gland at a time (2nd Place Winner and People's Choice Award Winner)
- Shayan Khoshmagham, Systems and Industrial Engineering, Connected Vehicles - The Future of Transportation (1st Place Winner)
Grad Slam 2015
UA News Video on Grad Slam, April 1, 2015 (Return to top)
The following videos showcase the six finalists of Grad Slam 2015. All videos were created by the University of Arizona Libraries, and are presented in order of appearance the day of the event.
- Matthew Bronnimann, Department of Immunobiology, Tied for 3rd Place Overall
- Rachel LaMantia, College of Architecture, 1st Place Overall
- Emily Mackelprang, Department of Psychology, 2nd Place Overall
- Victoria Moses, School of Anthropology, Finalist
- Nina Patrick, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tied for 3rd Place Overall
- Jasmine Sears, College of Optical Sciences, Finalist