The Writing Oasis Program provides a regularly scheduled quiet place on campus where you can focus on your writing projects—whether work or class assignments, theses, grant proposals, dissertations, or manuscripts for publication. In addition to having a space to focus on your writing, the first hour of the first Writing Oasis of the month features a writing specialist from the Writing Skills Improvement Program or the Think Tank to answer questions and provide writing suggestions.
Each Writing Oasis will meet in the Graduate Center in Room 4, located at the southeast corner of 1st Street and Cherry Avenue. Meetings with the writing specialist will take place in the lounge of the same building.
Why attend a Writing Oasis?
- Focus on your writing projects in a quiet environment
- Be surrounded by a community of peers focused on writing
- Get help from a writing specialist once per month
- It's free to attend, and will have refreshments!
How does a Writing Oasis work?
- Each Oasis is open for a 3-hour block. Attendees can come or go at anytime.
- The first Oasis of the month will feature a writing specialist. The specialist will be onsite for one hour and will answer specific writing questions on a first come, first served basis.
- Each Oasis provides time and space to focus on writing projects— including class assignments, theses, grant proposals, dissertations, and manuscripts for publication.
Who is this for?
The program is ideal for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars, however, others are welcome to participate in the program.
Free to Attend
There is no cost to attend. Zero. Nada. Zilch.
Every first and third Friday of the month from 12 PM to 3 PM.
- February 1
- February 15
- March 1
- March 15
- April 5
- April 19
Graduate Center and Postdoctoral Affairs, Room 4. Main entrance to the building is at the southeast corner of 1st Street and Cherry Avenue.
1600 E 1st Street, Tucson, AZ (link to Google map)
Writing Oasis Program Partners
Have questions, contact the Graduate Center.