Sharing and celebrating graduate student research and creative work in accessible 3-minute talks
Grad Slam is a campus-wide competition for the best 3-minute graduate student presentation of a research or creative project. It's an excellent opportunity for students to enhance their communication skills. It is also an effective way to showcase the innovative research and creative work associated with graduate education at the University of Arizona. Grad Slam registration typically opens in January, and the competition runs from March into April.
- January 18: Information Sessions and Workshops begin
February 21: Registration Deadline
- February 28: Extended Registration Deadline (Updated 2/22/24)
- March 26 and 27: In-Person Preliminary Rounds at the Graduate Center
- March 27 and 28: Remote Preliminary Rounds on Zoom
- April 2: Remote Semifinal Rounds on Zoom
- April 3: Semifinal Rounds at ENR2 S107
- April 7: Remote Final Round on Zoom
- April 11: In-Person Final Round and Awards Ceremony for Remote and In-Person Presenters at Gallagher Theater in the Student Union Memorial Center
We thank our sponsors for their in-kind and financial support.
UArizona Research, Innovation and Impact - In-person competition Grand Prizes
Graduate and Professional Student Council - Remote competition Grand Prizes
Want to sponsor Grad Slam (an award area or the event itself) or have additional questions? Contact David Bradshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Grad Slam is co-hosted by the Graduate Center and the Graduate and Professional Student Council