Basic Funding Research
Databases and Information for Graduate Students
If you are just beginning your search for funding, begin with the following databases and websites:
- The UA Libraries subscribe to three searchable funding databases.
- Pivot is a database developed through the Community of Science with over 400,000 funding opportunities. You can save a search to create a weekly funding alert specifically for your research interests. Research Gateway has a nice list of suggestions for using Pivot.
- Grant Forward updates their database of funding opportunities twice weekly and also has a grants alert that you can receive.
- The Foundation Directory Online Professional database is helpful for information on foundations that provide funding.
- FinAid: a comprehensive source of information on funding
- Scholarship Universe: resources for UA students
- UCLA and the University of Illinois both have databases of funding opportunties exclusively for graduate and postdoctoral students.
- Immigrants Rising has a list of fellowships that do not require proof of U.S. citizenship.
- The University of Arizona Postdoctoral Network has suggestions on looking for postdocs.
Advanced Funding Resources
Federal Funding Resources
- Grants.gov: A point of entry and search system for grant opportunities and a unified process point to apply
- The National Academies: Fellowships and Postdoc Opportunities and Research Opportunities in U.S. Government Laboratories
- STEM Grad Students: Search training and funding opportunities across federal agencies
- National Science Foundation: A summary of graduate and postgraduate funding opportunities through NSF
- The Foundation Center: Resources on private philanthropic grant funding and proposal writing
- Grants and Related Resources: Collection of resources from MSU libraries
- The Grantsmanship Center: Source of information for non-profit organizations. Well established training programs for grantwriters
- GradSense: Provides graduate students with financial information about the value of pursuing an advanced degree