- Eligible programs put forward two nominees through the UF Online Nomination Form (Not ready to submit? Here is the PDF copy of University Fellows Sample Nomination Form). Nominees will be placed into one of nine academic categories derived from CGS and IPEDS designations. The academic categories are as follows.
- Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Biological, Health, and Medical Sciences
- Physical Sciences, Mathematics, and Computer Science
- Social Sciences
- Category Review Committees rank the nominations and submit the lists to the Graduate College Executive Committee. Category Review Committees are comprised of content specialists from the colleges.
- The Graduate College Executive Committee reviews the ranked lists and selects the winners of the University Fellows Award. The number of awards allocated to each area will depend upon the number of nominations to each area.
- The Graduate Center announces the initial winners and waitlisted nominees.
- The Graduate Center partners with programs to recruit nominees. Nominees have through April 15 to make a decision; however, should a nominee decline the fellowship, the opportunity will move to the next waitlisted person.
2021 University Fellows Recruitment Nomination Timeline
- February 1 – Nominee submissions due through the online form by 11:59 PM MST
- February 2 – Graduate Center prepares materials for Category Review Committees
- February 3 to 15 – Category Review Committees rank nominees and send recommendations to the Graduate Center
- February 16 to 17 – Graduate College Executive Committee reviews recommendations
- February 18 – UF Award selections announced to programs by 12 PM MST. Programs with waitlisted nominees are notified.
- February 25 – Official UF Award letters sent out via email. Physical letters sent out afterward.
- February 25 to April 15 – Primary recruitment period
- April 15 – Decision deadline for awardees
- April 15 to May 13 – Waitlist recruitment period for all remaining awards
- May 14 – University Fellows recruitment closes
Have questions? Please contact the Graduate Center at email@example.com.