- Eligible programs nominate two newly admitted students through the UF Online Nomination Form. In preparation, check out the sample UF nomination form. Nominees will be placed into one of five academic categories derived from CGS and IPEDS designations. The academic categories are as follows.
- Arts and Humanities
- Biological, Health, and Medical Sciences
- Education and Social Sciences
- Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, and Engineering
- Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and Business
- Faculty Review Committees rank the nominations and submit their lists to the Graduate College Executive Committee. Category Review Committees are comprised of content specialists from the colleges.
- The Graduate College Executive Committee reviews the ranked lists and selects the winners of the University Fellows Award. The number of awards allocated to each area will depend upon the number of nominations to each area.
- The Graduate Center announces the initial winners and waitlisted nominees.
- The Graduate Center partners with programs to recruit nominees. Nominees have through April 15 to make a decision; however, should a nominee decline the fellowship before the April 15 deadline, the opportunity will move to the next waitlisted person.
2022 University Fellows Recruitment Nomination Timeline
- January 31 – Nominee submissions due through the online form(link is external) by 11:59 PM MST
- Febraury 1 – Graduate Center prepares materials for Category Review Committees
- February 2 to 15 – Category Review Committees rank nominees and send recommendations to the Graduate Center
- February 16 to 18 – Graduate College Executive Committee reviews recommendations
- February 21 – UF Award selections announced to programs by 12 PM MST. Programs with waitlisted nominees are notified.
- February 25 – Official UF Award letters sent out via email. Hard copy letters sent out afterward.
- February 25 to April 15 – Primary recruitment period
- April 15 – Decision deadline for awardees