Workshops and Information Sessions
Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad
- Tuesday, November 9 from 9:30 - 10:30, please register
The Fulbright-Hays DDRA Fellowship program provides opportunities to doctoral candidates to engage in full-time dissertation research abroad in modern foreign languages and area studies for periods of 6 to 12 months. The program is designed to contribute to the development and improvement of the study of modern foreign languages and area studies in the United States. To receive an award, a student must be a U.S. citizens, permanent resident, or national of the United States. Please read our description of the award prior to attending the session.
NSF GRFP Information Sessions
Join us in these zoom sessions for an overview of the application process and tips on applying.
- Tuesday, August 24 from 12:30 - 1:30, please register
- Monday, August 30 from 11:00 to 12:00, please register
- Thursday, Sept 2 from 9:30 - 10:30, please register
We will also have a recorded information session posted shortly. Please see our Application Development Program for additional resources.
DAAD Information Session
In this zoom session, we will provide information on this excellent source of funding for study and research in Germany.
- Tuesday, Sept 7 from 12:30 - 1:30, please register
More information and assistance on our website
Hertz Foundation Fellowship Information Session
Please join us on zoom to speak with Kevin Lin, Hertz Representative for the University of Arizona, about applying for the Hertz fellowship. We ask that you read the fellowship website prior to attending.
- Wednesday, Sept 15 from 12:30 - 1:30, please register
Student Fulbright Application Workshops
TBA. Please contact the Honors College Office of Nationally Competitive Scholarships
The following materials were presented in previous workshops and provide some basic information about the referenced opportunities. These materials should provide solid background information, but please remember that competition guidelines occasionally change. Check with your advisor and fellowship websites for the most current information.
General Funding Information
- Funding for International Students in the U.S.
- Funding for Students Entering the Dissertation Stage
- Top 10 Funding Sources
Information Sessions on Specific Opportunities
- University of Arizona GPSC Grants - Writing a GPSC Grant Application
- DAAD (study/research in Germany) - DAAD Information Session
- NIH F-Series - NIH F31s Made (Almost) Simple
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (NSF GRFP) -